Who is Don Moore?
Born in 1937, Don Moore is an American jazz double-bassist. He became interested in the bass around the age of 18 and played and recorded with Archie Shepp, Don Cherry, and others in the New York Contemporary Five in Europe in 1963. Later in the 1960s, Moore worked with Jackie McLean. He recorded with Elvin Jones in 1966 and Clifford Thornton in 1967. Moore also co-founded Collective Black Artists, an organization whose goal was to help black musicians who were shut out of jobs at clubs, recording studios, orchestras, Broadway shows, and other mainstream venues.
Don Moore Parent / Siblings / Career / Religion
Moore was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. His mother was a trained singer whereas his father was a classical music lover.
Don Moore Girlfriend / Married / Wife / Children
He married Puerto Rican social worker,Elizabeth. He is father to singer, Indra Rios-Moore, and actor, Ryan Moore.
Don Moore Net Worth / Age / 2021
As 2021, Moore is 84 years old and has net worth about 1$ million. For updates, visit his site DON MOORE BASS.
Read Also: Bazzi Weight, Height, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Ethnicity, Wiki, Bio
Profile / Wiki
- Full Name: Don Moore
- Nick Names: Moore
- Birthday: 1937
- Age in 2021: 84
- Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- School: N/A
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: American jazz double-bassist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Genre: Jazz
- Instruments: Double bass
- Net Worth: $1 million
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: N/A
- Mother: N/A
- Siblings: N/A
- Wife\Spouse: Elizabeth
- Girlfriend/Dating/Affairs: N/A
- Children: Indra Rios-Moore, Ryan Moore
Trivia / Facts
- Moore initially played piano but switched to bass in 1959
- He is a father to the singer, Indra Rios-Moore, and actor, Ryan Moore.
- He is currently active in the New York area.
- He played and recorded with Archie Shepp and Bill Dixon in Europe in 1962.
- In 1963 he was a member of the New York Contemporary Five, and while the ensemble was in Copenhagen.
- Moore worked with Jackie McLean.
- He recorded with Elvin Jones in 1966 and Clifford Thornton in 1967.