Who is Cyril Neville?
Born on October 10, 1948, Cyril Neville is an American percussionist and vocalist who rose to fame s a member of his brother Art Neville’s funky New Orleans-based band, The Meters. He joined Art in the Neville Brothers band upon the dissolution of the Meters. He has appeared on recordings by Bob Dylan, Robbie Robertson, Edie Brickell, Willie Nelson, Dr. John, and The New Orleans Social Club among others. As a member of the Neville Brothers, Cyril won the 1989 Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Performance for the song “Healing Chant”.
Cyril Neville Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Cyril was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. He has four brothers Aaron Neville, Art Neville, Charles Neville, Ivan Neville with whom Cyril made The group notion started in 1976.
Cyril Neville Wife / Spouse / Girlfriend / Children
Cyril married Gaynielle and has 7 children. His seven children — daughters Talitha, Imani, and Lirica, and sons Kenric, Cyril Jr., Louis (who was killed in Baton Rouge in 2011), and Omari.
Cyril Neville Net Worth / Age / 2021
Profile / Wiki
- Full Name: Cyril Garrett Neville
- Nick Names: Cyril Neville
- Birthday: October 10, 1948
- Age in 2021: 73
- Birth Place: New Orleans, Louisiana, US
- School: N/A
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Instruments: Percussion
- Profession: Musician, Singer
- Music groups: The Neville Brothers, Royal Southern Brotherhood, The Meters (1970 – 1977), The Wild Tchoupitoulas
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Net Worth: $1 million
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: N/A
- Mother: N/A
- Siblings: Aaron Neville, Art Neville, Charles Neville, Ivan Neville
- Wife\Spouse: Gaynielle
- Girlfriend/Dating/Affairs: N/A
- Children: 7
Trivia / Facts
- The group notion started in 1976, when the four brothers of the Neville family, Art (1937–2019), Charles (1938–2018), Aaron (b. 1941), and Cyril (b. 1948) came together to take part in the recording session of the Wild Tchoupitoulas, a Mardi Gras Indian group led by the Nevilles’ uncle, George Landry.
- He joined Art in the Neville Brothers band upon the dissolution of the Meters.
- Neville wrote an article for the December 16, 2005 edition of CounterPunch, titled “Why I’m Not Going Back To New Orleans” and was featured in the 2006 documentary film New Orleans Music in Exile.
- In 2014, Neville (as a solo) was nominated for a Blues Music Award in the ‘Contemporary Blues Album of the Year category for his album Magic Honey.