Volodymyr Zelenskyy Biography / Wiki
Born on born 25 January 1978, Volodymyr Zelenskyy is a Ukrainian politician, former actor, and comedian who is the sixth and current president of Ukraine. He created the production company Kvartal 95, which produces films, cartoons, and TV shows including Servant of the People, in which Zelenskyy played the role of president of Ukraine. The series aired from 2015 to 2019 and was immensely popular. A political party bearing the same name as the television show was created in March 2018 by employees of Kvartal 95.
Zelenskyy announced his candidacy for the 2019 Ukrainian presidential election on the evening of 31 December 2018 &he won the election with 73.2 percent of the vote in the second round, defeating Poroshenko. Identifying as a populist, he has positioned himself as an anti-establishment, anti-corruption figure.
Volodymyr Zelenskyy Parents / Sibling / Ethnicity
Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelenskyy was born to Jewish parents on 25 January 1978 in Kryvyi Rih, then in the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic. His father, Oleksandr Zelenskyy, is a professor and the head of the Department of Cybernetics and Computing Hardware at the Kryvyi Rih State University of Economics and Technology; his mother, Rymma Zelenska, used to work as an engineer. He earned a law degree from the Kryvyi Rih Institute of Economics, then a department of Kyiv National Economic University.
Volodymyr Zelenskyy Wife / Girlfriend / Children
Zelenskyy married Olena Kiyashko in September 2003 with whom he had attended school. The couple’s first daughter, Oleksandra, was born in July 2004. Their son, Kyrylo, was born in January 2013.
Volodymyr Zelenskyy Age / Net Worth / 2022
As of 2022, he is 44 years old and has a net worth of $2 million. For more updates, follow him on Instagram & Twitter.
What is the reason of fight between Ukraine and Russia?
The Russian leader claimed that military action was necessary to stop Ukrainian attacks on the two breakaway regions of Donetsk and Lugansk, which Moscow recognized as sovereign states. Last Monday, President Vladimir Putin had claimed that Russia could come under attack by the Ukrainian far-right government unless their influence in the country is diminished. He accused Western Nations of arming Kyiv against Russia.
2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine
n the morning of 24 February, Putin announced that Russia was initiating a “special military operation” in the Donbas. Russian missiles struck a number of military targets in Ukraine, and Zelenskyy declared martial law. Zelenskyy also announced that diplomatic relations with Russia were being severed, effective immediately. Later in the day, he announced a general mobilization
Zelenskyy gained worldwide recognition as the wartime leader of Ukraine during the Russian invasion; historian Andrew Roberts compared him to Winston Churchill. He has been widely described as a national hero or a “global hero” by many commentators.
- Full Name: Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelenskyy
- Nick Names: Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- Birthday: born 25 January 1978
- Age in 2022: 44
- Birth Place: Kryvyi Rih, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
- School: N/A
- College/University: Kyiv National Economic University
- Education: Degree
- Profession: Politician, actor, comedian
- Party: Servant of the People
- Nationality: Ukraininian
- Ethnicity/Race: Jewish
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $2 million
- Height: 1.7 meter
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: Rimma Zelenskaya
- Mother: Rimma Zelenskaya
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Wife / Spouse: Olena Zelenska (m. 2003)
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: Aleksandra Zelenskaya, Kiril Zelenskiy
Trivia / Facts
- In Zelenskyy’s 2014 movie 8 New Dates, their daughter played Sasha, the daughter of the protagonist.
- In 2016, his daughter participated in the show The Comedy Comet Company Comedy’s Kids and won 50,000 hryvnias.
- Zelenskyy’s first language is Russian, and he is also fluent in Ukrainian and English.
- Zelenskyy announced his candidacy for the 2019 Ukrainian presidential election on the evening of 31 December 2018.
- Zelenskyy’s political party, Servant of the People, won the first single-party majority in modern Ukrainian history in parliament, with 43 per cent of the party-list vote.
- His party gained 254 of the 424 seats.
- Zelenskyy gained worldwide recognition as the wartime leader of Ukraine during the Russian invasion.
- Zelenskyy supports the free distribution of medical cannabis, free abortion in Ukraine, and the legalisation of prostitution and gambling.
- He opposes the legalisation of weapons.
- He has 4.6M Followers on Twitter & 14.4m followers on Instaagram.