Taylor Swift Biography & Wiki
Taylor Alison Swift was born on December 13, 1989, in West Reading, Pennsylvania. She is an American singer, songwriter. Her father, Scott Kingsley Swift, was a stockbroker for Merrill Lynch. Her mother, Andrea Gardner Swift was a homemaker who had worked as a mutual fund marketing executive. She has a younger brother named Austin Kingsley Swift, who is an actor. Swift identifies as a Christian.
She attended preschool and kindergarten at the Alvernia Montessori School, run by the Bernadine Franciscan sisters, before transferring to The Wyndcroft School. The family moved to a rented house in the suburban town of Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, where she attended Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School. Swift attended Hendersonville High School but after two years transferred to the Aaron Academy, which through homeschooling could accommodate her touring schedule; she graduated a year early.
At age nine, Swift became interested in musical theater and performed in four Berks Youth Theatre Academy productions. She also traveled regularly to New York City for vocal and acting lessons. Swift later shifted her focus toward country music inspired by Shania Twain’s songs. When Swift was about 12 years old, computer repairman and local musician Ronnie Cremer taught her to play guitar.
She is known for narrative songs about her personal life, which has received widespread media coverage. At age 14, Swift became the youngest artist signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house, and, at age 15, she signed her first record deal. Her 2006 eponymous debut album was the longest-charting album of the 2000s in the US. Its third single, “Our Song”, made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Swift’s second album, Fearless, was released in 2008. Buoyed by the pop crossover success of the singles “Love Story” and “You Belong with Me”, it became the US’ best-selling album of 2009 and was certified diamond in the US. The album won four Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year. With her seventh album, Lover (2019), she became the first woman in US history to have six albums sell over 500,000 units in their first week.
Having sold more than 50 million albums—including 37 million in the US and 150 million singles, Swift is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and the highest-earning female musician of the 2010s.
She has won 10 Grammy Awards, an Emmy Award, six Guinness world records and is the most-awarded act and woman at the American Music Awards (29 wins) and Billboard Music Awards (23 wins), respectively. As a songwriter, Swift has been honored by the Songwriters Hall of Fame and was included in Rolling Stone‘s 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time list in 2015. She was ranked first in the Forbes Celebrity 100 in 2016 and 2019. In 2019, Swift placed at number eight on Billboard‘s list of greatest artists of all time and was named the Woman of the Decade by the magazine and the Artist of the Decade by the American Music Awards.
Is Taylor Swift single or married? Who is Taylor Swift dating?
Without including the ones who have not been confirmed to have been dating her, Taylor Swift has had 9 boyfriends.
- Joe Jonas (July 2008 – October 2008)
- Taylor Lautner (August 2009-December 2009)
- John Mayer (December 2009-February 2010)
- Lucas Till (March 2009 – April 2009)
- Jake Gyllenhaal (October 2010-January 2011)
- Conor Kennedy (July 2012-October 2012)
- Harry Styles (December 2012-January 2013)
- Calvin Harris (February 2015-June 2016)
- Tom Hiddleston (June 2016 – September 2016)
Taylor Swift and actor Joe Alwyn have been dating for more than three years, however, they’ve kept their relationship largely out of the public eye. Joe and Taylor started dating in 2017.
How old is Taylor Swift in 2020?
Singer Taylor Swift is 31 years old.
Taylor Swift Net Worth in 2020
In 2020, Taylor Swift’s net worth is $400 million, making her one of the richest singers in the world.
- Full name : Taylor Alison Swift
- Middle name : Alison
- Nicknames : T-Swizzle, Swifty, Tay Tay
- Birth place : Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
- Date of birth : December 13, 1989
- Age in 2020 : 31
- Zodiac : Sagittariuses
- Ethnicity / ethnic background : American
- Nationality : American
- Religion : N/A
- High school : lvernia Montessori School, Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School, Aaron Academy
- College / univesity : She did not attend college
- Job : Singer-songwriter, record producer, actress, music video director, businesswoman
- Net worth in 2020 : $400 million
Taylor Swift Body Measurement
- Weight : 130 lbs
- Height : 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
- Body measurements : 34-25-35 in
- Bra size / breast size : 32B
- Waist size : 25 in
- Hip size : 35 in
- Hair color : Blonde
- Eye color : Blue
- Shoe size / feet size : 8.5 US
- Dress size : 2 US
- Body type / build : Slim
- Mother : Andrea Gardner Swift
- Father : Scott Kingsley Swift
- Brother : Austin Kingsley Swift
- Sister : N/A
- Husband / Spouse : N/A
- Boyfriend/ Affairs/ Dating : actor Joe Alwyn
- Children : N/A
Trivia/ Facts about Taylor Swift
- At age 14, Swift became the youngest artist signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house, and, at age 15, she signed her first record deal.
- Having sold more than 50 million albums—including 37 million in the US and 150 million singles, Swift is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and the highest-earning female musician of the 2010s.
- She has won 10 Grammy Awards, an Emmy Award, six Guinness world records and is the most-awarded act and woman at the American Music Awards (29 wins) and Billboard Music Awards (23 wins), respectively.
- She was named after the singer-songwriter James Taylor.
- When Swift was about 12 years old, computer repairman and local musician Ronnie Cremer taught her to play guitar.