Stephen Colbert Biography
Born on May 13, 1964, Stephen Colbert is an American comedian, television host, and writer who is best known for hosting the satirical Comedy Central program The Colbert Report from 2005 to 2014 and the CBS talk program The Late Show with Stephen Colbert beginning in September 2015.
Colbert’s work as a correspondent on Comedy Central’s news-parody series The Daily Show gained him wide recognition. The Colbert Report became one of Comedy Central’s highest-rated series, earning Colbert an invitation to perform as featured entertainer at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in 2006. Colbert has won nine Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards, and two Peabody Awards. Colbert was named one of Time‘s 100 Most Influential People in 2006 and 2012. Colbert’s book, I Am America (And So Can You!), was listed No. 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list in 2007.
Stephen Colbert Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Colbert was born in Washington, D.C., to father James William Colbert Jr. and mother Lorna Elizabeth Colbert. He is the youngest of 11 children in a Catholic family. He spent his early years in Bethesda, Maryland. Colbert and his siblings, in descending order by age, are James III, Edward, Mary, William, Margo, Thomas, Jay, Elizabeth, Paul, Peter, and Stephen. His father was an immunologist and medical school dean at Yale University, Saint Louis University, and finally at the Medical University of South Carolina, where he served as vice president for academic affairs. His mother was a homemaker.
On September 11, 1974, his father and his two brothers Peter and Paul, died in the crash of Eastern Air Lines. Colbert attended Charleston’s Episcopal Porter-Gaud School and graduated from Northwestern’s School of Communication in 1986.
Stephen Colbert Girlfriend / Affairs / Wife
Colbert has been married to Evelyn “Evie” McGee-Colbert since 1993. The couple has three children, Madeleine (born 1995), Peter (born 1998), and John (born 2002). They live in Montclair, New Jersey.
Stephen Colbert Age / Net Worth / 2020
As of 2020, Stephen is 56 years old and has net worth of $75 million. For updates, visit our site regularly.
Wiki / Profile
- Full Name: Stephen Tyrone Colbert
- Nick Names: Stephen Colbert
- Birthday: May 13, 1964
- Age in 2020: 56
- Birth Place: Washington, D.C., U.S.
- School: Porter-Gaud School
- College/University: Northwestern University
- Education: Graduated in Communication
- Profession: Comedian, television host, and writer.
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Known for: hosting the satirical Comedy Central program The Colbert Report
- Net Worth: $75 million
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches
- Weight: 75 Kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: N/A
- Eye Color: N/A
- Father: James William Colbert Jr.
- Mother: Lorna Elizabeth Colbert
- Siblings: 11
- Wife / Spouse: Evelyn “Evie” McGee-Colbert
- Girlfriend/Dating/Affairs: N/A
- Children: Peter Colbert, Madeline Colbert, John Colbert
Trivia / Facts
- His paternal great-great-grandmothers were of German and English descent.
- Colbert hosted his own television show, The Colbert Report, from October 17, 2005, through December 18, 2014.
- On Saturday, April 29, 2006, Colbert was the featured entertainer for the 2006 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner.
- Stephen Colbert arrived in Baghdad, Iraq, on June 5, 2009, to film a week of shows called “Operation Iraqi Stephen: Going Commando” sponsored by the USO (United Service Organizations).
- Colbert is co-author of the satirical text-and-picture novel Wigfield: The Can Do Town That Just May Not, which was published in 2003 by Hyperion Books.
- Colbert’s mother died at the age of 92 on June 12, 2013, after a period of ill health.
- In February 2007, Ben & Jerry’s unveiled a new ice cream flavor in honor of Colbert, named Stephen Colbert’s AmeriCone Dream.
- At least five species have been given scientific names honoring Colbert.