Roy Orbison Biography / Wiki
Born on April 23, 1936, Roy Orbison was an American singer, songwriter, and musician who is best known for his impassioned singing style, complex song structures, and dark, emotional ballads. He performed while standing motionless and wearing black clothes to match his dyed black hair and dark sunglasses, which he wore to counter his shyness and stage fright.
He received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and five other Grammy Awards. Rolling Stone placed him at number 37 on its list of the “Greatest Artists of All Time” and number 13 on its list of the “100 Greatest Singers of All Time”. In 2002, Billboard magazine listed him at number 74 on its list of the Top 600 recording artists.
Roy Orbison Family / Career / Ethnicity
Roy was born in Texas, Orbison, the middle son of Orbie Lee Orbison, an oil well driller and car mechanic, and nurse Nadine Vesta Shults). The family moved to Fort Worth in 1942 to find work in the aircraft factories. He attended Denver Avenue Elementary School. began singing in a rockabilly and country-and-western band as a teenager. He was signed by Sam Phillips of Sun Records in 1956 but enjoyed his greatest success with Monument Records.
Roy Orbison Wife / Girlfriend / Affairs / Children
He married Barbara Orbison (m. 1969–1988), Claudette Frady (m. 1965–1966), Claudette Frady (m. 1957–1964), and has 5 children- Roy Orbison Jr., Anthony King Orbison, Wesley Orbison, Alex Orbison, Roy Dewayne Orbison.
Roy Orbison Death
After the mid-1960s, Orbison suffered a number of personal tragedies and his career faltered. Orbison died of a heart attack in December 1988 at age 52. One month later, his song “You Got It” (1989) was released as a solo single, becoming his first hit to reach the US & UK Top 10 in nearly 25 years.
Roy Orbison Net Worth / 2021
At the time of his death, Orbison had a net worth equal to $20 million dollars. Listen to his songs on YouTube.
Wiki / Profile
- Full Name: Roy Kelton Orbison
- Nick Names: The Caruso of Rock” and “the Big O”
- Birthday: April 23, 1936
- Died: December 6, 1988 (aged 52)
- Birth Place: Vernon, Texas, U.S.
- School: Denver Avenue Elementary School
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: American singer, songwriter, and musician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $20 million
- Height: 5 feet 11inches
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: Orbie Lee Orbison
- Mother: Nadine Vesta Shults
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Wife / Spouse: Barbara Orbison (m. 1969–1988), Claudette Frady (m. 1965–1966), Claudette Frady (m. 1957–1964)
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: Roy Orbison Jr., Anthony King Orbison, Wesley Orbison, Alex Orbison, Roy Dewayne Orbison.
Trivia / Facts
- His music was described by critics as operatic, earning him the nicknames “the Caruso of Rock” and “the Big O”.
- After the mid-1960s, Orbison suffered a number of personal tragedies and his career faltered.
- Orbison died of a heart attack in December 1988 at age 52.
- His father gave him a guitar on his sixth birthday.
- Orbison continued recording albums in the 1970s, but none of them sold well.
- Rolling Stone placed him at number 37 on their list of the “Greatest Artists of All Time” and number 13 on their list of the “100 Greatest Singers of All Time’.