Who is Jordan Peterson?
Born on 12 June 1962, Jordan Peterson is a Canadian clinical psychologist and a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto who rose to fame in the late 2010s for his views on cultural and political issues. In 1999, he published his first book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief which combined information from psychology, mythology, religion, literature, philosophy, and neuroscience to analyze systems of belief and meaning. Peterson’s lectures and debates which were released through podcasts and YouTube gathered millions of views. His second book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos became a bestseller in several countries.
Jordan Peterson Parents / Ethnicity / Education
Born and raised in Alberta, he was the eldest of three children born to Walter and Beverley Peterson. His mother was a librarian whereas his father was a school teacher. He obtained bachelor’s degrees in political science and psychology from the University of Alberta and a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from McGill University.
Jordan Peterson / Married / Wife / Girlfriend / Spouse
Peterson married Tammy Roberts in 1989 and the couple have one daughter and one son.
Jordan Peterson Net Worth / Age / 2020
As of 2020, Peterson is 58 years old and has net worth of $2 million.
Profile / Wiki
- Full Name: Jordan Bernt Peterson
- Nick Names: Jordan Peterson
- Birthday: 12 June 1962
- Age in 2020: 58
- Birth Place: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- School: Fairview High School
- College/University: University of Albert, McGill University
- Education: Ph.D. in clinical psychology
- Profession: Canadian clinical psychologist and a professor
- Nationality: Canadian
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Known for: for his views on cultural and political issues
- Net Worth: $2 million
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: Walter Peterson
- Mother: Beverley Peterson
- Siblings: 2
- Wife/Spouse: Tammy Roberts
- Girlfriend/Dating/Affairs: N/A
- Daughter: Julian Peterson
- Son: Mikhaila Peterson
Trivia / Facts
- He began to receive widespread attention in the late 2010s for his views on cultural and political issues.
- He had a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from McGill University.
- He worked for the New Democratic Party (NDP) throughout his teenage years.
- He has appeared on many podcasts, conversational series, as well as other online shows.
- On his YouTube channel, he has interviewed Stephen Hicks, Richard J. Haier, and Jonathan Haidt among others.
- Starting around 2000, Peterson began collecting Soviet-era paintings.
- In 2016, he had a severe autoimmune reaction to food and was prescribed clonazepam.
- He went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables, in an attempt to control his severe depression and the effects of an autoimmune disorder including psoriasis and uveitis.