Joel Osteen Biography / Wiki
Born on March 5, 1963, Joel Osteen is an American pastor, televangelist, and author who is best know for his televised sermons which were seen by approximately 10 million viewers in the US and several million more in over 100 countries. He has also written several best-selling books such as ‘Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential’, ‘Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day‘, both books reached the number 1 position on The New York Times Best Seller list.
Joel Osteen Family / Education / Ethnicity
Osteen was born in Houston, Texas to John Osteen and Dolores Pilgrim. He has 5 siblings. His older siblings, Paul, Lisa, and Tamara, and his younger sister, April, are also involved in full-time ministry. His half-brother Justin does missionary work and is based in New York. His father was Southern Baptist pastor, founded Lakewood Church. He graduated from Humble High School and studied at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he studied radio and television communications but did not graduate. Later, he returned to Houston, founded Lakewood’s television program, and produced his father’s televised sermons for 17 years until his father died due to heart attack.
Joel Osteen Wife / Married / Girlfriend / Affairs
Osteen married Lakewood Church co-pastor Victoria Osteen on April 4, 1987. They have a son and a daughter.
Joel Osteen Net Worth / Age / 2020
As of 2020, Osteen is 57 years old and has net worth of $100 million.
Profile / Wiki
- Full Name: Joel Scott Osteen
- Nick Names: Joel Osteen
- Birthday: March 5, 1963
- Age in 2020: 57
- Birth Place: Houston, Texas, U.S.
- School: Humble High School
- College/University: Oral Roberts University
- Education: High school degree
- Profession: American pastor, televangelist, author
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Charismatic Christianity
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Net Worth: $100 million
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: John Osteen
- Mother: Dolores
- Siblings: 5
- Wife/Spouse: Victoria Osteen (m. 1987)
- Girlfriend/Dating/Affairs: N/A
- Children: Alexandra Osteen, Jonathan Osteen
Trivia / Facts
- His televised sermons were seen by approximately 10 million viewers in the US and several million more in over 100 countries weekly.
- His first book reached the number 1 position on The New York Times Best Seller list.
- He lives with his family in a 17,000 square-foot mansion in River Oaks, with an estimated value of $10.5 million.
- During the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in August 2017, Osteen received significant criticism for not making Lakewood Church, a 606,000-square-foot, 16,000-seat former sports arena, available as an emergency shelter for those displaced by the storm.
- In 2011, Osteen and Lakewood Church were sued by the band The American Dollar for copyright infringement.