Who is Ellen DeGeneres?
Born on January 26, 1958, Ellen DeGeneres is an American comedian, television host, actress, writer, and producer. She starred in the sitcom Ellen from 1994 to 1998 and has hosted her syndicated television talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, since 2003.
Her stand-up career started in the early 1980s and included a 1986 appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. As a film actress, DeGeneres starred in Mr. Wrong (1996), EDtv (1999), and The Love Letter (1999), and provided the voice of Dory in the Pixar animated films Finding Nemo (2003) and Finding Dory (2016); for Nemo, she was awarded the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first time an actress won a Saturn Award for a voice performance. In 2010, she served as a judge on the ninth season of American Idol.
DeGeneres has hosted the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, and the Primetime Emmys. She has authored four books and started her own record company, Eleveneleven, as well as a production company, A Very Good Production. She also launched a lifestyle brand, ED Ellen DeGeneres, which comprises a collection of apparel, accessories, home, baby, and pet items. She has won 30 Emmys, 20 People’s Choice Awards, and numerous other awards for her work and charitable efforts. In 2016, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom. In January 2020, DeGeneres received the Carol Burnett Award at the Golden Globes for her work on television, becoming the first recipient after its inaugural namesake Carol Burnett.
Ellen DeGeneres Family / Siblings / Religion
DeGeneres was born and raised in Metairie, Louisiana, to Elizabeth Jane, a speech therapist, and Elliott Everett DeGeneres, an insurance agent. She has one brother, Vance DeGeneres, a musician and producer. She was raised a Christian Scientist. She graduated from Atlanta High School and attended attend the University of New Orleans, where she majored in communication studies. After one semester, she left school to do clerical work in a law firm with a cousin, Laura Gillen.
Ellen DeGeneres Husband / Spouse / Boyfriend / Children
In 1997, DeGeneres came out as a lesbian. The same year she came out, DeGeneres started a romantic relationship with actress Anne Heche that lasted until August 2000. From 2000 to 2004, DeGeneres maintained a close affair with photographer Alexandra Hedison.
Since 2004, DeGeneres has had a relationship with Portia de Rossi. DeGeneres and de Rossi were engaged, and married in August 2008
Is Ellen DeGeneres lesbian?
In 1997, DeGeneres came out as a lesbian.
Ellen DeGeneres Net Worth / Age / 2022
As of 2022, she is 64 years old and has a net worth of $80 million.
- Full Name: Ellen Lee DeGeneres
- Nick Names: Ellen DeGeneres
- Birthday: January 26, 1958
- Age in 2022: 64
- Birth Place: New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
- School: Grace King High School
- College/University: University of New Orleans
- Education: N/A
- Profession: American comedian, television host, actress, writer, and producer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $80 million
- Height: 1.71 m
- Weight: 60 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: 34-28-33
- Bra Size: 34B
- Hip Size: 33inch
- Waist Size: 28 inch
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Grey
- Eye Color: Blue
- Father: Elliott DeGeneres
- Mother: Betty DeGeneres
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: Vance DeGeneres
- Husband / Spouse: Portia de Rossi (m. 2008)
- Boyfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: N/A
Trivia / Facts that you did not know
- For Nemo, she was awarded the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first time an actress won a Saturn Award for a voice performance.
- In 2010, she served as a judge on the ninth season of American Idol.
- DeGeneres has hosted the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, and the Primetime Emmys.
- She has won 30 Emmys, 20 People’s Choice Awards.
- She also worked as a house painter, a hostess and a bartender. She relates much of her childhood and career experiences in her comedic work.
- DeGeneres previously described herself as a vegan and “big animal lover”.
- Forbes estimated DeGeneres’ 2018 earnings at US$87.5 million, making her the 15th highest-paid entertainer in the world.
- In 2015, she was named the 50th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes and came second on the World Pride Power list.
- She has 77.8M Followers on Twitter and 108m followers on Instagram & 38M subscribers on Youtube.