Who is Ursula Andress ?
Ursula Andress is a Swiss film and television actress, former model and sex symbol, who has appeared in American, British and Italian films. She is best known for her breakthrough role as Bond girl Honey Ryder in the first James Bond film, Dr. No. She later starred as Vesper Lynd in the Bond-parody Casino Royale. Her other films include Fun in Acapulco, She, The Blue Max, Perfect Friday, The Sensuous Nurse, Slave of the Cannibal God, The Fifth Musketeer and Clash of the Titans.
Andress, the third of six children, was born on 19 March, 1936, Ostermundigen, Canton of Bern, Switzerland to a German couple, Anna, a landscape gardener, and Rolf Andress, a German diplomat who was expelled from Switzerland for political reasons. He disappeared during World War II. She has a brother and four sisters. She went to school in Bern until she was 16 and speaks several languages including French, German and Italian. She studied art in Paris for a year, then went to Rome, where she did jobs such as nannying children.
Andress was at a party when she met a producer who offered her a screen test for a role in an Italian film. She was successful and appeared in The Sins of Casanova (1955). Andress arrived in Hollywood in January 1955. In March she was signed to a seven-year contract with Paramount Pictures starting at $287 a week. The contract resulted in no acting roles due to her inability to learn English at the time.
Andress returned to screens in 1962 in an episode of Thriller, “La Strega” (1962) with Alejandro Rey. She soon became internationally famous as Honey Ryder, a shell diver and James Bond‘s woman of desire in Dr. No (1962), the first Bond film. Andress won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year in 1964 for her appearance in the film.
Is Ursula Andress married or single ? Who is Ursula Andress dating now?
Andress dated film icon James Dean shortly before his death in 1955. That same year, she began an affair with actor/director John Derek, a married father-of-twochildren. They wed in 1957 in Las Vegas, but separated in 1963 and divorced in 1966.
She had romantic relationships with Jean-Paul Belmondo, Ryan O’Neal and Fabio Testi.
She was in a relationship with American actor Harry Hamlin after meeting on the set of Clash of the Titans in 1979. She gave birth to their son, Dimitri Hamlin, on 19 May 1980. After she gave birth to a son at age 44, she moved into close friend Linda Evans’ Coldwater Canyon home until hers was ready. Although an engagement was announced, the couple never married. In 1983, Hamlin broke up with her.
As of 2019, Andress splits her time between her homes in Rome and Switzerland.
How old is Ursula Andress in 2020?
Actress Ursula Andress is 84 years old.
How rich is Ursula Andress ?
Ursula Andress is a Swiss-American actress and sex symbol who has a net worth of $25 million.
Ursula Andress weight
125 lbs (57 kg)
Ursula Andress height
5′ 5″ (165 cm)
Ursula Andress body measurement
Ursula Andress bra size / breast size
Ursula Andress hair color
Ursula Andress eye color
Ursula Andress shoe size / feet size
Ursula Andress dress size
Ursula Andress body type / build
Ursula Andress waist size
Ursula Andress hip size
Does Ursula Andress have breast implants?
Ursula Andress net worth 2020
Ursula Andress birthplace
Ursula Andress date of birth
March 19, 1936
Ursula Andress age in 2020
Ursula Andress zodiac
Ursula Andress ethnicity
Ursula Andress nationality
Ursula Andress religion
Is Ursula Andress gay?
Ursula Andress spouse/husband
John Derek (m. 1957; div. 1966)
Ursula Andress boyfriend/affairs/dating/partner
Jean-Paul Belmondo (1965-1972)
Fabio Testi (1973-1976)
Harry Hamlin (1979–1983)
Fausto Fagone (1986–1991)
Ursula Andress children/kids
Dimitri Hamlin (b. 1980)
Ursula Andress mother
Dimitri Alexander Hamlin
Ursula Andress father
Ursula Andress brother
Ursula Andress sisters
- Kàtey Andress,
- Ruth Andress,
- Erica Andress (older sister),
- Charlotte Andress
Ursula Andress job
Swiss film and television actress, former model and sex symbol
Ursula Andress unknown facts
- She is best known for her breakthrough role as Bond girl Honey Ryder in the first James Bond film, Dr. No.
- The bikini she wore in the film sold at auction in 2001 for £41,125.
- In 2003, in a UK Survey by Channel 4, her entrance in Dr. No was voted #1 in “the 100 Greatest Sexy Moments”.
- Andress won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year in 1964 for her appearance in the film Dr. No.
- She has a brother and four sisters.
- In March she was signed to a seven-year contract with Paramount Pictures starting at $287 a week. The contract resulted in no acting roles due to her inability to learn English at the time.
- Andress did receive some publicity for dating James Dean shortly before the actor’s death.
- She bought herself out of her contract. In March 1956 it was announced she signed to Columbia Pictures. She made no films for them either and was Miss World Trade of 1956.
- She stayed in Hollywood because she married John Derek in 1957.
- In 1965, nude photographs of her from Nightmare in the Sun were published in Playboy.
- She went on to appear nude or semi-nude in nearly all of her film roles between 1969 and 1979, earning her the nickname “Ursula Undress”.
- In 1995, Andress was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the “100 Sexiest Stars in film history.”
- Her last role to date was playing “Madonna” in the low-budget 2005 Swiss feature Die Vogelpredigt oder Das Schreien der Mönche [de] (English title: The Bird Preachers).