Tim Howard Biography / Wiki
Born on March 6, 1979, Tim Howard is a former American professional soccer player who played as a goalkeeper. He last played for USL Championship club Memphis 901 FC, a club of which he is a minority owner and sporting director. He is also an international ambassador in the US for former club Everton. Howard is widely considered to be one of the greatest goalkeepers in American soccer history. Howard was named to the 2003–04 PFA Premier League Team of the Year and was awarded the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Glove. Referencing the American public’s preference for other sports over soccer in contrast to most other countries, the Chicago Tribune described Howard as the “rarest of creatures – an American soccer hero”.
Howard began his career with the North Jersey Imperials, before making a move to the MetroStars. His appearances soon attracted the attention of English Premier League club Manchester United, who signed him in 2003. He enjoyed relative success with the club, as they won the 2003 FA Community Shield, the 2003–04 FA Cup, and the 2005–06 League Cup.
Tim Howard Parent / Siblings / Ethnicity
Howard was born in North Brunswick, New Jersey, the son of African-American truck driver Matthew Howard and his Hungarian wife Esther, who worked for a container packing distributor. His parents divorced when Howard was three. Afterward, Howard lived with his mother. He attended North Brunswick Township High School.
Tim Howard Married / Wife / Spouse / Children
Howard married Laura Ciancola in 2003 and divorced in 2012. He has two children, Alivia Howard & Jacob Howard.
Tim Howard Net Worth / Age / 2022
As of 2022, Tim is 43 years old and has a net worth of $10 million. For more updates, follow her on Twitter & Instagram.
- Full Name: Timothy Matthew Howard
- Nick Names: Tim Howard
- Birthday: March 6, 1979
- Age in 2022: 43
- Birth Place: North Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.
- School: N/A
- College/University: North Brunswick Township High School
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Professional soccer player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $10 million
- Height: 6 ft 3 in
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unknown
- Hair Color: Blad
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: Matthew Howard
- Mother: Esther
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Wife / Spouse: Laura Ciancola (m. 2003-2012)
- Biyfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: Alivia Howard, Jacob Howard
Trivia / Facts
- Howard is the most capped goalkeeper of all-time for the United States men’s national team, with 121 caps since 2002 until his international retirement in 2017.
- In 1991, before Howard was a teenager, Tim Mulqueen, a one-time assistant coach for the U.S. under-17 soccer team, saw Howard’s potential at a single $25 soccer coaching session. He took Howard under his wing, offering him free soccer coaching.
- In 1997, Mulqueen became the coach of the North Jersey Imperials a team in the United Systems of Independent Soccer Leagues (USISL), and served as the goalkeeping coach for Major League Soccer (MLS)’s MetroStars.
- On March 4, 2020, Howard announced his return to professional soccer, signing a playing contract with Memphis 901 FC in the USL Championship, where he also serves as sporting director and minority owner.
- He was diagnosed with Tourette syndrome and OCD when he was in the sixth grade.