Samantha Bee Biography
Samantha Bee is a Canadian-American comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actress, media critic, and television host. Bee holds both Canadian and United States citizenship after being naturalized as an American citizen. Bee is best known for being a correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, where she became the longest-serving regular correspondent. In 2015, she departed the show after 12 years to start her own show, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. Her family reside in Manhattan, New York.
Bee was born on October 25, 1969 in Toronto, Ontario, the daughter of Debra and Ronald Bee. Bee’s parents split up soon after her birth, and she was initially raised by her grandmother, who worked as a secretary at the Catholic school Bee attended, on Roncesvalles Avenue during her childhood. She attended Humberside Collegiate Institute and York Memorial Collegiate Institute. After graduating from high school, Bee attended McGill University, where she studied humanities. Dissatisfied with a range of issues at the school, she transferred to the University of Ottawa after her first year. At the University of Ottawa, Bee signed up for a theatre class, thinking it would be easy. The class led to Bee discovering her love of performing. Bee later enrolled in the George Brown Theatre School in Toronto.
Bee started auditioning for acting roles in Toronto while working as a waitress. At age 26, Bee toured with a stage production of Sailor Moon where she played the titular role. Bee performed in Sailor Moon’s “A” .
Bee became a correspondent for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on July 10, 2003. Bee was the sole female correspondent on The Daily Show from her debut in 2003 until Kristen Schaal joined the show in March 2008. She was The Daily Show‘s first non-US citizen correspondent. Bee had her first starring role in a feature film in 2004 with the Canadian independent film Ham & Cheese, co-written by her husband Jason Jones and starring Canadian comics Scott Thompson and Dave Foley.
Is Samantha Bee single or married? Who is she dating now?
In 2001, Samantha Bee married actor and writer Jason Jones, whom she first met in 1996. In January 2006, she gave birth to her first child, a daughter named Piper. In 2008, their second child, a son named Fletcher, was born. Their third child, a daughter named Ripley, was born in late 2010.
How old is Samantha Bee in 2020?
Actress Samantha Bee is 47 years now.
- Full name : Samantha Jamie Bee
- Nicknames : Sam Bee, Sammy
- Birthplace : Toronto, Ontario
- Date of birth : October 25, 1969
- Age in 2020 : 47
- Zodiac : Scorpio
- Ethnicity : White
- Nationality : American, Canadian
- Religion : N/A
- High school : N/A
- College : University of Ottawa
- Job : Canadian-American comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actress, media critic, and television host
- Net worth 2020 : $7 Million
- Genres : Political/news satire, improvisational comedy, blue comedy, sarcasm, sketch comedy, surreal humor
- Weight : N/A
- Height : 5′ 7″ (1.7 m)
- Hair color : Light brown
- Shoe size / feet size : 8 US
- Body type / build : Average
- Body measurement : N/A
- Bra size /breast size : 36B
- Hip size : N/A
- Waist size : N/A
- Spouse/husband : Jason Jones (m. 2001)
- Boyfriend/affairs/dating : N/A
- Son : Fletcher Bee-Jones, Piper Bee-Jones
- Daughter : Ripley Bee-Jones
- Father : N/A
- Mother : N/A
- Sister : N/A
- Brother : N/A
Samantha Bee Trivia/ Facts
- Samantha Bee attended University of Ottawa.
- She was a part of the comedy-sketch troupe Catch 21 before joining Atomic Fireballs.
- She has the citizenship of both Canada and United States.
- She is married to Jason Jones,
- Samantha Bee gave birth to Piper Bee-Jones on June 20, 2006, Fletcher Bee-Jones on June 20, 2008, and Ripley Bee-Jones in October 2010
- She is the first non-US correspondent on The Daily Show.
- Bee started auditioning for acting roles in Toronto while working as a waitress.
- Bee has credited Jon Stewart as one of her major influences.