Rick Moranis Biography / Wiki
Born on April 18, 1953, Rick Moranis is a Canadian actor, comedian, musician, songwriter, writer, and producer. He appeared in the sketch comedy series Second City Television (SCTV) in the 1980s and several Hollywood films, including Strange Brew (1983), Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989), Little Shop of Horrors (1986), Spaceballs (1987), Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989, and its 1992 and 1997 sequels), Parenthood (1989), My Blue Heaven (1990), and The Flintstones (1994). He is known for such impressions as Woody Allen, Merv Griffin, and David Brinkley.
He has won Primetime Emmy Awards, American Comedy Awards, and Gemini Awards.
Rick Moranis Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Moranis was born in Toronto, Ontario, to a Jewish family. He went to elementary school. His Jewish ancestors are of Hungarian heritage.
Rick Moranis Wife / Spouse / Children
Moranis married costume designer Ann Belsky in 1986; together they had two children, Mitchell Moranis & Rachel Moranis. Belsky died of cancer in February 1991. Moranis then slowly left public life to become a full-time single father
Rick Moranis Net Worth / Age / 2022
As of 2022, Rick is 69 years old and has a net worth of $5 million.
- Full Name: Frederick Allan Moranis
- Nick Names: Rick Moranis
- Birthday: April 18, 1953
- Age in 2022: 69
- Birth Place: Toronto, Canada
- School: N/A
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Actor, comedian, musician, songwriter, writer, producer
- Nationality: Canadian
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $5 million
- Height: 1.68 m
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: N/A
- Mother: N/A
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Wife / Spouse: Anne Moranis (m. 1986–1991)
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: Mitchell Moranis, Rachel Moranis
Trivia / Facts
- In 1997, Moranis began a long break from acting to dedicate his time to his two children as a widower.
- After a nearly 23-year hiatus from live-action films, Moranis signed to appear in a new sequel to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, called Shrunk.
- His career as an entertainer began as a radio disc jockey in the mid-1970s, using the on-air name “Rick Allan” at three Toronto radio stations.
- On October 1, 2020 at approximately 7:30 am ET, Moranis was the victim of an assault in New York City, in the vicinity of West 70th St, Manhattan. He suffered minor injuries to his head, back, and hip. The alleged perpetrator, Marquis Ventura, was arrested in New York City on November 14, 2020.