Who is Mark Wahlberg?
Born on June 5, 1971, Mark Wahlberg is an American actor, producer, businessman, and former rapper. In the 1990s, Wahlberg was a member of the music group Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, with whom he released the albums Music for the People (1991) and You Gotta Believe (1992). Wahlberg transitioned from music to acting, with his screen debut in Renaissance Man (1994) and his first starring role in Fear (1996). He received critical praise for his performance as porn actor Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights (1997).
In the early 2000s, he ventured into big-budget action-oriented movies, such as The Perfect Storm (2000), Planet of the Apes (2001), and The Italian Job (2003). He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for playing a police officer in the crime drama The Departed (2006). He was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for the sports drama biopic The Fighter (2010), in which he starred as Micky Ward. In the 2010s, he landed successful comedy roles with The Other Guys (2010), Ted (2012), Ted 2 (2015), Daddy’s Home (2015), and Daddy’s Home 2 (2017). He also became the protagonist in two films in the Transformers live-action film franchise, Transformers: Age of Extinction and Transformers: The Last Knight. He was the world’s highest-paid actor in 2017.
Wahlberg is a co-owner of Wahlburgers, along with his brothers Donnie and Paul. It was Mark’s idea to expand Paul’s restaurant in Hingham, Massachusetts into a full-fledged chain, with a reality show to promote it
Mark Wahlberg Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg was born in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. He is the youngest of nine children, including actor Robert and singer/actor Donnie. His mother, Alma Elaine, was a bank clerk and a nurse’s aide, and his father, Donald Edmond Wahlberg Sr. was a delivery driver and U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. Wahlberg’s parents divorced in 1982; afterward, he divided his time between them. Wahlberg is of Swedish descent through his father, as well as Irish through his paternal grandmother.
He attended Copley Square High School on Newbury Street in Boston. He did not receive his high school diploma until June 2013, at the age of 42.
Mark Wahlberg Girlfriend / Wife / Spouse / Children
Wahlberg married model Rhea Durham on August 1, 2009. They have four children: daughters Ella Rae (b. 2003) and Grace Margaret (b. 2010) and sons Michael (b. 2006) and Brendan Joseph (b. 2008).
Mark Wahlberg Net Worth / Age / 2022
- Full Name: Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg
- Nick Names: Marky Mark
- Birthday: June 5, 1971
- Age in 2022: 51
- Birth Place: Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- School: Copley Square High School
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Actor, businessman, television producer, rapper
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Catholic
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $10 million
- Height: 1.73 m
- Weight: 85 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: Donald Edmond Wahlberg Sr.
- Mother: Alma Elaine
- Siblings: 8
- Wife / Spouse: Rhea Durham (m. 2009)
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: Brendan Wahlberg, Ella Rae Wahlberg, Grace Margaret Wahlberg, Michael Wahlberg
Trivia / Facts
- He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.
- In 2012, Wahlberg began serving as a brand ambassador for Marked, a line of sports nutrition supplements by GNC.
- By age 13, he had developed an addiction to cocaine and other substances.
- Wahlberg is Catholic, but he openly supports same-sex marriage despite the Church’s opposition.
- Wahlberg is active with The Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women and Children.