LaVyrle Spencer Biography / Wiki
Born on July 17, 1943, LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988. She retired from writing in 1997. Spencer has won five Romance Writers of America RITA Awards, the highest award presented to romance novelists.
LaVyrle Spencer Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Spencer was born and raised in Browerville, Minnesota. They now live in North Oaks MN, where Spencer enjoys gardening, cooking, playing bass guitar and electric piano, and photography.
LaVyrle Spencer Wife / Spouse / Girlfriend / Children
Spencer married her high school sweetheart Dan Spencer in February 1962. The two had three daughters, Sarah, Amy, and Beth (Beth, unfortunately, passed in 1990 and Amy in 2018 unexpectedly), and are grandparents to Spencer and Logan Kimball.
LaVyrle Spencer Age / Net Worth / 2021
As of 2021, she is 78 years old and has a net worth of $3 million. For updates, follow her on Facebook.
- Full Name: LaVyrle Spencer
- Nick Names: LaVyrle Spencer
- Birthday: July 17, 1943
- Age in 2021:
- Birth Place: Browerville, Minnesota, United States
- School: N/A
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Teacher, novelist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Net Worth: $3 million
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches
- Weight: 55 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: N/A
- Mother: N/A
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Husband / Boyfriend / Spouse : Dan Spencer (M.1962)
- Children: Sarah, Amy, and Beth
Trivia / Facts
- Spencer didn’t begin her first novel until she was in her thirties, working as a teacher’s aide at Osseo Junior High School.
- Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focus on families rather than only the relationship between a man and woman.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, Spencer wrote twelve New York Times Bestsellers. Her books have been sold to book clubs worldwide, and have been published around the world. Condensed versions of many of her novels have appeared in Reader’s Digest and Good Housekeeping.
- Spencer has won five Romance Writers of America RITA Awards, the highest award presented to romance novelists.
- Her first novel, The Fulfillment, was developed as a CBS TV movie starring Cheryl Ladd and Morning Glory, which Spencer wrote in 1989, was released as a major motion picture under the same title.