Who is Judi Dench?
Born on 9 December 1934, Judi Dench is an English actress who is regarded as one of the best actresses in British history. She is seen as a “peerless performer” with roles ranging from James Bond films to Shakespearean dramas. She has been named Britain’s best actor on multiple occasions.
She performed in several of Shakespeare’s plays, in such roles as Ophelia in Hamlet, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, and Lady Macbeth in Macbeth. Although most of Dench’s work during this period was in theatre, she also branched into film work and won a BAFTA Award as Most Promising Newcomer. In 1968, she drew excellent reviews for her leading role of Sally Bowles in the musical Cabaret.
A seven-time Academy Award nominee, Dench won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Queen Elizabeth I in Shakespeare in Love (1998); her other Oscar-nominated roles were in Mrs. Brown (1997), Chocolat (2000), Iris (2001), Mrs. Henderson Presents (2005), Notes on a Scandal (2006) and Philomena (2013). She has also received many other accolades for her acting in theatre, film, and television; her other competitive awards include six British Academy Film Awards, four BAFTA TV Awards, seven Olivier Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Tony Award. She has also received the BAFTA Fellowship in 2001, and the Special Olivier Award in 2004. In June 2011, she received a fellowship from the British Film Institute (BFI).
Judi Dench Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Dench was born in the Heworth area of York, the daughter of an Irish mother Eleanora Olive, and an English father, Reginald Arthur Dench, was a doctor from Dorset who grew up primarily in Dublin.
She attended Mount School, a Quaker independent secondary school in York, and became a Quaker. She had two brothers named Peter and Jeffery.
Judi Dench Boyfriend / Husband / Spouse / Children
Dench married Michael Williams, an actor from Liverpool, in 1971; they remained together until his death from lung cancer in 2001. Their only child, daughter Finty Williams, was born in 1972 and became an actress. Through her daughter, Dench has a grandson who was born in 1997.
She has been in a relationship with conservationist David Mills since 2010.
Judi Dench Age / Net Worth / 2022
As of 2022, Judi is 68 years old and has a net worth of $45 million.
Profile / Wiki
- Full Name: Dame Judith Olivia Dench
- Nick Names: Judi Dench
- Birthday: 9 December 1934
- Age in 2022: 68
- Birth Place: York, England
- School: The Mount School,
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Actor, Author, Voice Actor, Theatre Director, Musician
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $45 million
- Height: 1.55 m
- Weight: 58 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: 6 US
- Dress Size: 5 US
- Body Measurement: 34-26-35
- Bra Size: 34D
- Waist Size: 26 inch
- Hip Size: 35 inch
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Grey
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: Reginald Arthur Dench
- Mother: Eleanora Olive
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: Peter and Jeffery
- Husband / Spouse : Michael Williams(m. 1971; died 2001)
- Boyfriend / Dating / Partner: David Mills (2010-)
- Children: Finty Williams
Trivia / Facts
- She is a cousin of Greek-Australian actors Rebekah Elmaloglou and Sebastian Elmaloglou.
- Her niece, Emma Dench, is a historian of ancient Rome.
- Her father, a physician, was also the GP for the York theatre, and her mother was its wardrobe mistress.
- She has nominated a seven-time Academy Award nominee.
- She has also received many other accolades for her acting in theatre, film, and television; her other competitive awards include six British Academy Film Awards, four BAFTA TV Awards, seven Olivier Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Tony Award.
- She has also received the BAFTA Fellowship in 2001, and the Special Olivier Award in 2004.