Jamie Oliver Biography / Wiki
Born on 27 May 1975, Jamie Oliver is a British chef, restaurateur, and cookbook author who is best known for his casual approach to cuisine, which has led him to front numerous television shows and open many restaurants.
in 1999 the BBC aired his television show The Naked Chef. This was followed by a first cookbook, which became a No. 1 UK bestseller. His television work included a documentary, Jamie’s Kitchen, which gained him an invitation from Prime Minister Tony Blair to visit 10 Downing Street.
In 2005, he opened a campaign, Feed Me Better, to introduce schoolchildren to healthier foods, which was later backed by the government. He was the owner of a restaurant chain, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group, which opened its first restaurant, Jamie’s Italian, in Oxford in 2008. The chain went into administration in May 2019.
His TED Talk won him the 2010 TED Prize. In June 2003, Oliver was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire for “services to the hospitality industry”.
Jamie Oliver Family / Siblings / Religion
Oliver was born and raised in the village of Clavering in Essex. His parents, Trevor and Sally Oliver ran a pub/restaurant, The Cricketers, where he practiced cooking in the kitchen with his parents. He has one sibling, sister Anne-Marie and was educated at Newport Free Grammar School.
He left school at the age of sixteen with two GCSE qualifications in Art and Geology and went on to attend Westminster Technical College now Westminster Kingsway College. He then earned a City & GuildsNational Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in home economics.
Jamie Oliver Wife / Married / Spouse / Children
In July 2000, Oliver married former model and writer Juliette Norton, usually known as “Jools”. They have five children: Poppy Honey Rosie (born 18 March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (born 10 April 2003), Petal Blossom Rainbow (born 3 April 2009), Buddy Bear Maurice (born 15 September 2010,) and River Rocket Blue Dallas (born 8 August 2016).
Jamie Oliver Controversies
In 2005, Oliver was widely criticized by animal rights groups for slaughtering a lamb on his TV show without first stunning it, with PETA stating that it showed to the public problems with the methods used within slaughterhouses. PETA spokesman Sean Gifford said that it was hoped the footage “could turn the more die-hard carnivore into a vegetarian”. British TV regulator Ofcom reported seven complaints from the public.
Oliver and Gordon Ramsay are spokespeople for the “Big Fish Fight”, which campaigns for sustainable seafood, but were criticized for their use of endangered fish.
Oliver was criticized for underestimating the cost of supposedly cheap food he encouraged poor people to prepare for themselves, also for an unrealistic view of poverty in Britain and around the Mediterranean.
Jamie Oliver Net Worth / Age / 2022
As of 2022, Oliver is 47 years old and has a net worth of $400 million.
- Full Name: Jamie Trevor Oliver
- Nick Names: Jamie Oliver
- Birthday: 27 May 1975
- Age in 2022: 47
- Birth Place: Clavering, Essex, England
- School: N/A
- College/University: Newport Free Grammar School
- Education: N/A
- Profession: British chef, restaurateur, and cookbook author
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $400 million
- Height: 1.78 m
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Father: Trevor Oliver
- Mother: Sally Oliver
- Sister: Anne-Marie
- Brother: N/A
- Wife / Spouse: Juliette Norton
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: 5
Trivia / Facts
- Oliver’s first job was a pastry chef at Antonio Carluccio’s Neal Street restaurant, where he first gained experience at preparing Italian cuisine, and developed a relationship with his mentor Gennaro Contaldo.
- He was noticed there by the BBC in 1997, after making an unscripted appearance in a documentary about the restaurant, Christmas at the River Cafe.
- In 1999, his BBC show The Naked Chef debuted, and his cookbook became a bestseller in the United Kingdom.
- In December 2009, Oliver received the 2010 TED Prize.
- During the summer of 2019, Jamie and his family moved into Spains Hall, the 16th-century mansion in Finchingfield, Essex.
- The £6m property is located on a 70-acre (28 ha) estate and includes a six-bedroom farmhouse, three-bedroom lodge, swimming pool, tennis court and converted stables.
- Oliver was chosen by Disney Pixar to provide the British English voice of the health inspector in the 2007 animated movie Ratatouille.
- He has 5.59M subscribers on Youtube.
- You can follow him on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook.