Who is Hydeia Broadbent?
Born on 14 June 1984, Hydeia Broadbent is a United States-based HIV/AIDS activist. Broadbent began her activism at age 6, by speaking about living with HIV/AIDS. She initially got involved with speaking on the subject through Elizabeth Glaser, creator of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. Hydeia went on to speak at many events, including AIDS benefit concerts, documentaries, college campus education events, and talk shows. She appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 1996.
She established the Hydeia L. Broadbent Foundation and received a Black Achievement Award from Jet magazine. She also appeared in Essence, and on The Maury Povich Show, Good Morning America, and at the 1996 Republican National Convention. She also is involved in screening drives, along with actress Jurnee Smollett-Bell.
Hydeia Broadbent Family / Siblings / Ethnicity
Broadbent was born in Las Vegas, Nevada, US4 with HIV. She was adopted at 6 weeks old, and her adoptive parents, Loren and Patricia Broadbent found out she had HIV three years after her adoption. Not much was known about Hydeia, as her birth mother left her at a Las Vegas hospital. It was predicted that she would not survive childhood, and would die at the age of 5. She survived, however, but when she was five she developed AIDS.
Hydeia Broadbent Boyfriend / Husband / Datings / Children
Hydeia Broadbent Age / Net Worth / 2021
As of 2021, Hydeia is 37 years old and has a net worth of around $1 million.
- Full Name: Hydeia Broadbent
- Nick Names: Hydeia Broadbent
- Birthday: 14 June 1984
- Age in 2021: 37
- Birth Place: Las Vegas, Nevada, US
- School: N/A
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: HIV/AIDS activist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Net Worth: $1 million
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 57 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: 37-28-36
- Bra Size: 34DD
- Hip Size: 37 inch
- Waist Sie: 28 inch
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Father: Loren Broadbent
- Mother: Patricia Broadbent
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Husband / Boyfriend / Spouse : N/A
- Children: N/A
Trivia / Facts
- Her birth mother left her at a Las Vegas hospital.
- Growing up, Hydeia regularly had brain and blood infections, pneumonia, and fungal infections in her brain.
- It was predicted that she would not survive childhood, and would die at the age of 5.
- She survived, however, but when she was five she developed AIDS.
- Broadbent began her activism at age 6, by speaking about living with HIV/AIDS.
- She appeared on a Nickelodeon special along with Magic Johnson.
- In 2002, her family published a book entitled You Get Past The Tears, and the family appeared in 2004 on Extreme Home Makeover. Broadbent currently speaks on the behalf of the Magic Johnson Foundation and other AIDS activist organizations in order to educate people about HIV/AIDS, raise awareness, and fight discrimination against those living with HIV/AIDS.