Who is Dorothy Malone?
Born on January 29, 1924, Dorothy Malone was an American actress who rose to fame for her role in Written on the Wind (1956), for which she won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. . Her film career began in 1943, and in her early years, she played small roles, mainly in B-movies, but an exception is The Big Sleep (1946).
Her career reached its peak by the beginning of the 1960s, and she achieved later success with her television role as Constance MacKenzie on Peyton Place (1964–1968). Less active in her later years, Malone’s last screen appearance was in Basic Instinct in 1992.
Malone died on January 19, 2018. She had been one of the last surviving stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood.
Dorothy Malone Family / Early Life / Siblings
Malone was born Mary Dorothy Malone in Chicago, one of five children born to Esther Emma “Eloise” Smith and her husband Robert Ignatius Maloney, an auditor for AT&T company. Her two sisters died from polio complications. She attended Ursuline Academy of Dallas, Highland Park High School, Hockaday Junior College, and later, Southern Methodist University.
Dorothy Malone Husband / Spouse / Children
Malone married actor Jacques Bergerac on June 28, 1959, and divorced on December 8, 1964. They had two daughters, Mimi (born 1960) and Diane (born 1962).
Then she married New York businessman and broker Robert Tomarkin on April 3, 1969 and later Malone married Dallas motel chain executive Charles Huston Bell on October 2, 1971, and they divorced after three years.
Dorothy Malone Age / Net Worth / Death / 2022
As of 2022, she was 98 years old and had a net worth of $5 million. Malone died of natural causes on January 19, 2018, 10 days before her 94th birthday, at a nursing facility in Dallas.
- Full Name: Mary Dorothy Maloney
- Nick Names: Dorothy Malone
- Birthday: January 29, 1924
- Age in 2022: 98
- Died: January 19, 2018 (aged 93)
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
- School: N/A
- College/University: Southern Methodist University
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $5 million
- Height: 1.68 m
- Weight: 55 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: Robert Ignatius Maloney
- Mother: Esther Emma “Eloise” Smith
- Siblings: 4
- Husband / Spouse : Jacques Bergerac(m. 1959; div. 1964), Robert Tomarkin(m. 1969-1969), Charles Huston Bell(m. 1971; div. 1973)
- Children: 2
Trivia / Facts
- When she was six months old, her family moved to Dallas.
- She had been one of the last surviving stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood.
- Her two sisters died from polio complications.
- Malone was signed by RKO at age 18 under her real name, Dorothy Maloney.
- She made her film debut in Gildersleeve on Broadway (1943).
- Malone was a Democrat and campaigned for Adlai Stevenson during the 1952 presidential election.
- Malone’s last screen appearance was in Basic Instinct in 1992.