Who is Dabo Swinney?
Born on November 20, 1969, Dabo Swinney is an American football coach. He is the head football coach at Clemson University. Swinney took over as head coach of the Clemson Tigers football program midway through the 2008 season, following the resignation of Tommy Bowden. Swinney led the Tigers to national championships in 2016 and 2018. He trails only Frank Howard for the most wins by a head coach in Clemson history.
Swinney was raised in Pelham, Alabama, He is the son of Ervil Swinney and Carol McIntosh. He also has a brother by the name Henry ‘Tripp’ Swinney III. He attended the University of Alabama, where he joined the Crimson Tide football program as a walk-on wide receiver in 1989. He received his degree in commerce and business administration in 1993 as well as a master’s degree in business administration from Alabama in 1995. Swinney is a Christian.
Dabo Swinney Net Worth / Age / 2021
As of 2021, Dabo is 52 years old and has a net worth of around $20 million.
Dabo Swinney Wife / Spouse / Girlfriend / Children
He married Kathleen Bassett in 1994 and has three sons, two of whom are wide receivers for Clemson.
- Full Name: William Christopher “Dabo” Swinney
- Nick Names: Dabo
- Birthday: November 20, 1969
- Age in 2021: 52
- Birth Place: Pelham, Alabama,
- School: N/A
- College/University: University of Alabama
- Education: N/A
- Profession: football coach
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Net Worth: $20 inch
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Father: Ervil Swinney
- Mother: Carol McIntosh
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: Henry Swinney
- Wife / Spouse: Kathleen Bassett
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: Will, Drew and Clay
Trivia / Facts
- He is the head football coach at Clemson University.
- Swinney’s nickname “Dabo” was given to him as an infant by his brother, Tripp, who would try to enunciate “that boy” when referring to Swinney.
- Swinney is a Christian.