Who is Billy Porter?
Born on September 21, 1969, Billy Porter is an American actor and singer who is best known for becoming the first openly gay black man to be nominated and win in any lead acting category at the Primetime Emmys. He currently stars in the television series Pose for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and won the 2019 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. He won the 2013 Best Actor in a Musical for his role as Lola in Kinky Boots at the 67th Tony Awards. He credits the part for “cracking open” his feminine side to confront toxic masculinity. For the role, Porter also won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical and Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical.
Billy Porter / Parent / Ethnicity / Education
Porter was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to William E. Porter and Cloerinda Jean Johnson Porter Ford. He has a sister is Mary Martha Ford-Dieng. He attended Reizenstein Middle School and Taylor Allderdice High School. He graduated from Pittsburgh Creative and Performing Arts School and from the College of Fine Arts at Carnegie Mellon University with a B.F.A. in Drama and earned a certification from the graduate-level Professional Program in Screenwriting at UCLA.
Billy Porter Girlfriend / Married / Wife / Husband / Gay
Billy Porter Age / Net Worth / 2020
As of 2020, Billy is 51 years and has net worth of $4 million.
Profile / Wiki
- Full Name: Billy Porter
- Nick Names: Billy
- Birthday: September 21, 1969
- Age in 2020: 51
- Birth Place: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- School: Reizenstein Middle School, Taylor Allderdice High School
- College/University: Carnegie Mellon University (BFA), University of California
- Education: Graduated
- Profession: Singer, Actor
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: Libra
- Net Worth: $4 million
- Sexuality: Gay
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 75 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Stats: 40-30-32 inches
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: William E. Porter
- Mother: Cloerinda Jean Johnson Porter Ford.
- Sister: Actor Nick Wolfhard
- Brother: N/A
- Wife\Spouse/Husband: Adam Smith (m. 2017)
- Girlfriend/Dating/Affairs: N/A
- Children: N/A
Trivia / Facts
- He is a great fan of actor Will Smith.
- He was a member of entertainment groups, “Spirit” and “Flash,” which performed daily at Kennywood Park in West Mifflin.
- Porter wrote and performed in his one-person autobiographical show, Ghetto Superstar (The Man That I Am) at Joe’s Pub in New York City in February and March 2005.
- He became the first openly gay black man to be nominated and win in any lead acting category at the Primetime Emmys.
- Porter is gay.
- Porter has performed at various venues.