Who is Produce Pete?
Born on February 23, 1945, Peter Napolitano, better known by stage name Produce Pete is an American grocer, chef, and celebrity spokesperson who is perhaps best known for his weekly fruit and vegetable segments that appear on WNBC in New York City and WCAU in Philadelphia. Napolitano had appeared in commercials and at special events for the now-defunct A&P-owned supermarket chain Pathmark since 2001, although he never appeared in Pathmark’s post-2010 bankruptcy ad campaign.
Napolitano has hosted numerous produce, food, and nutrition-themed television segments since the late 1980s. He has published numerous recipes and tips pertaining to picking, buying, and cooking produce.
Produce Pete Family / Ethnicity / Religion
Napolitano was born into an Italian-American family in Englewood, New Jersey. In 1953, as a young boy, he began selling fruits and vegetables at the neighborhood farmer’s market which was owned by his family.
Produce Pete Wife / Girlfriend / Spouse / Children
Pete met his wife, Bette, when he was 16 years old and she was 14. In 1967 they married. Pete and Bette have 2 children and seven grandchildren. Bette frequently makes appearances on Produce Pete segments.
Produce Pete Net Worth / Age / 2021
As of 2021, Pete is 76 years old and has a net worth of around $1 million. For more updates, follow him on Facebook & Instagram.
Read Also: Hydeia Broadbent Height, Weight, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, HIV, Family, Wiki, Bio
- Full Name: Peter Napolitano
- Nick Names: Produce Pete, Pete Your Produce Pal
- Birthday: February 23, 1945
- Age in 2021: 76
- Birth Place: Bergenfield, New Jersey
- School: Berwick Area High School
- College/University: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Profession: Grocer, chef, television personality
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: N/A
- Zodiac: N/A
- Net Worth: $1 million
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Weight: 85 kg
- Feet/Shoe Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: N/A
- Body Type: Unkown
- Hair Color: BWhite
- Eye Color: Brown
- Father: N/A
- Mother: N/A
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: N/A
- Wife / Spouse: Bette
- Girlfriend / Dating / Affairs: N/A
- Children: 2
Trivia / Facts
- In 1953, as a young boy he began selling fruits and vegetables at the neighborhood farmer’s market which was owned by his family.
- In 1970 Napolitano took ownership of the business and ran it as a seasonal operation, often selling items beyond his line of produce, geared towards upcoming holidays and celebrations.
- In 1997 he turned the business over to his son, Peter Charles Napolitano.
- He has also taught cooking classes for Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, among other chains.
- He has been a resident of North Haledon N.J.
- Napolitano’s television segments have been parodied by actor and comedian Steve Carell on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.